These are my notes following my self-study on troubleshooting . No material comes from either Red Hat course or the Red Hat exam. You will not find any NDA information here. All contents are my own thoughts/understanding on the subject matter.
Red Hat Website listed the objectives outlines as follows:
We will follow the the same content setup provided by RedHat.
Understand and employ general methods for troubleshooting
- Collect system information to aid in troubleshooting
- Consult documentation resources to aid in troubleshooting
- Monitor systems for vital characteristics
- Configure systems to send log messages to a centralized host
Diagnose and troubleshoot system start up issues
- Identify and resolve service failures affecting boot
- Regain root control of a system
- Troubleshoot boot issues
- Identify hardware and hardware problems
- Manage kernel modules and their parameters
Source and References: RedHat Website